Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Found type

I was googling for images for another project when I came across loads of cool found type.



Here are more typography photographs from this site. Very cool images.
Another one from the same photographer. The photographer's name is Richard Roche. Love the texture!



This "Pianos" photo from this blog site. I love old, peeled off signs.


3 years ago I had to do a similar project for my Graphic Design class. We had to walk around town and capture images of found type and then make a book out of it. I have no idea where the photos are, and the book is all smashed up... My point is that, everywhere has type! Even if it's not man-made, there is still type. Just look up (if you in a crowded city) and you might just find a letter...

Thanks for that post, Rachel. I never knew this could happen.

No comments: